What's an alternative to ChatGPT?

What other options are there like ChatGPT?

2 Likes

There are several alternatives to ChatGPT for conversational AI and language models.

1. Google Bard
    Developed by Google, Bard is their conversational AI and language model.

2. Microsoft Bing Chat
    Powered by OpenAI’s models but integrated with Microsoft’s search capabilities.

3. Claude by Anthropic
    A language model focused on providing helpful and safe responses.

4. Jasper
    Known for its applications in content creation, marketing, and business communications.

5. Cohere
    Offers various language models for business applications, including generating text and answering questions.

6. Hugging Face Transformers
    An open-source platform providing access to a variety of language models for different tasks.

1 Like

For being free, it’s manageable if you simply want basic “AI”. However, perplexity is essentially useless in practical terms. If you’re seeking a GPT-4 alternative, BingGPT is likely the closest option. Llama2 stands out as the best open-source model if you have the hardware, potentially on par with GPT-3.5.

1 Like

For me, Perplexity is only good for one thing: showing sources interactively. The results progressively worsened over the 4-5 months I used it. It struggled with follow-up queries, bundled results in a hard-to-read format, and provided limited information on topics. Eventually, I went back to OpenAI.

1 Like

AI Perplexity is fairly good.

Claude 3 is the most human chatbot I’ve ever interacted with. Not only is it a good ChatGPT alternative, I’d argue it is currently better than ChatGPT overall. It has better reasoning and persuasion and isn’t as lazy. It will create a full app or write an entire story.

How do I access it :thinking:

XLNet: Another model based on the Transformer architecture, developed by Google Brain.