What would be a good substitute for Glute Ham Raises for someone without access to a GHR machine or Nordic Hamstring Curls?

I forgot to mention: can I use a chest support row machine to totally replace the helms row?

Using the original edition of Jeff Nippard’s Powerbuilding program, it states to complete these or NHC on the first day.

Exercises on the first day include hammer curls, Helms row, OHP, GHR, and squats.

When it comes to finding a substitute for Glute Ham Raises, I’ve found several alternatives that can effectively target the glutes and hamstrings without requiring a GHR machine or Nordic Hamstring Curls. One option is the Reverse Hyperextension, which involves leaning over an object to support the upper torso while the lower torso hangs freely. This exercise is known for its effectiveness in training the entire posterior chain for strength and injury prevention. Another alternative is the Nordic Hamstring Curl, which can be performed by kneeling on the ground with feet anchored and lowering the body down to the floor while maintaining an extended torso. Additionally, I can use a lat pulldown seat or a barbell by a power rack to perform a modified version of the exercise. Other options include the Good Morning, Romanian Deadlift, Kettlebell Swing, and Hip Thrust, which all target the glutes and hamstrings to varying degrees. These exercises can be done with or without equipment, making them accessible for anyone without access to a GHR machine or Nordic Hamstring Curls.

Yes, you can use a chest support row machine to replace the Helms row. Both target similar muscle groups. Ensure you maintain proper form and adjust weights appropriately to align with your program’s goals.