What is the best alternative to alcohol?

My partner and I have quit alcohol for financial reasons several times now, with our longest stretch being 8 months. We’re gearing up to do it again, this time aiming for 10 months.

Finding a good alternative to alcohol has been a challenge. Kombucha was tasty but too pricey, tea was unsatisfying, and while sodas were okay, they became monotonous since we bought them in bulk to save money.

My latest idea is to dust off an old soda machine we bought years ago and experiment with different flavors every day. I’m hoping to make the experience as enjoyable and exciting as possible.

5 Likes

Maybe try some virgin cocktails. They are more creative and fun than soda or tea but contain no alcohol. You can find many recipes on the Internet or near the local joint around your area.

4 Likes

Could try brewing your kombucha, to cut down on the costs! It isn’t too difficult.

4 Likes

The issue is that rather than focusing on the drink, you are probably trying to replace the feeling. How about engaging in something completely different, so that a soda does not leave you feeling completely let down? A stroll? A game? Sexual? A pastime? Something to take care of, a pet? Getting a little ice cream out? Computer games?

3 Likes

Virgin cocktails: all the calories, but no alcohol. What is the point ?

3 Likes

It is not all the calories…alcohol itself has quite a bit of calories.

2 Likes

simply drink water. If you enjoy the ritual of crafting drinks or savoring wines, try making coffee drinks instead. It’s not about the alcohol itself, but about the feeling you get when you drink it.

2 Likes

The best, alternative you can choose other than alcohol, you can take is the Non-Alcoholic Beverages ,They include non-alcoholic beers, wines, and spirits that mimic the taste of their alcoholic counterparts without the intoxicating effects.

1 Like

You can always recommend club soda with bitters

1 Like

Have you investigated or used kava? It’s a fantastic substitute.

1 Like

Shrubs (drinking vinegars) might sound odd but they can be the perfect non-alcoholic option for wine drinkers. They are made of fruit and herbs.

1 Like