What are some Google Voice alternatives for Solo Professional?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been diving into VOIP and vanity numbers lately and have been a Google Voice user for about 6 years. Recently, I stumbled upon a really premium vanity line that I’d like to use more flexibly and effectively, possibly even as my main virtual line for work. While having a memorable number is great for my freelance consulting gig, I’m hesitant to use it as my primary number due to some scalability concerns, especially with how I use my laptop constantly.

What I really appreciate about Google Voice is its convenience and seamless syncing across devices, although dealing with SMS/green bubbles can be a pain. While free is nice, I’m open to paying for a more reliable solution that ensures my number stays active and provides premium service.

I’ve used NumberBarn for parking sentimental numbers, but their calling interface is unreliable. I’m currently considering SipHarmony, but I’d love to hear your recommendations before I commit. Here are some features that are important to me:

• Cloud syncing of texts between computer and phone
  • 24/7 accessible customer support
  • Encryption capability
  • Reliable and modern app interface
  • Menu/customization options to enhance professionalism
  • Ability to make outbound calls remotely via dial-in, without being tied to my laptop or cellphone

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Likes

Google Voice, but the paid version available through Google Workspace. I’m not entirely certain it fulfills all your criteria, but I’m quite confident that it does.

2 Likes

Actually, the option to make outbound calls (call out) isn’t included in the GV:Business plan.

1 Like

Check out Textr teams if you want to. I use Textr Go as a personal backup. You can choose between ordinary and enterprise options during your seven-day trial period to evaluate which one suits you best. You have gotten in touch with them for PBC and enterprise assistance.