Suggestions on Airbnb alternatives

Hey all,

I’ve been relying on Airbnb for my travel accommodations, but I’m now looking into different options. While Airbnb has been good, I’m wondering if anyone has had positive experiences with alternative platforms or services. I’m seeking options that provide similar flexibility and a wide range of accommodations. Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

When looking for trip lodgings, Booking.com and Vrbo have been fun to use. Both provide many options and excellent flexibility.

Hotels.com is a solid Airbnb alternative with a mix of hotels and vacation rentals. They have a great rewards program where you get a free night for every ten nights booked. I used it for a trip to Barcelona and found a fantastic apartment in the Gothic Quarter. Booking was easy, the reviews were spot on, and I earned a free night for my next trip. I highly recommend.

Here are some great alternatives to Airbnb for booking vacation rentals: Vrbo is a top competitor with powerful search tools and a loyalty program called One Key that lets you earn rewards across Expedia Group brands. It offers a similar selection of entire homes, apartments and unique stays, often at lower prices than Airbnb. Plum Guide is perfect for finding high-end, professionally managed luxury rentals that are carefully vetted for quality. While it has a smaller inventory than Airbnb, every property is guaranteed to meet its exacting standards. Hipcamp is the best option for glamping, with a wide variety of unique outdoor accommodations like treehouses, yurts, and safari tents on private land. It’s ideal for nature lovers seeking a one-of-a-kind experience. Blueground specializes in furnished apartment rentals for stays of a month or longer, making it perfect for digital nomads, remote workers or anyone looking for a home base for an extended trip. The apartments come with utilities included and hotel-like amenities. When choosing an Airbnb alternative, consider factors like the selection of properties, pricing, loyalty programs, and unique experiences offered. Comparing a few sites can help you find the best fit for your travel needs and budget.