Staying alone for the first time as a student

As a child, I was quite spoiled—attended private school, lived in a nice villa in a good neighborhood, and my life didn’t change much even when I struggled academically and felt depressed after my father’s death. Despite not graduating and feeling isolated and ashamed, I remained comfortable at home with my family and pets. I spent two years stuck in a rut, gaining weight, and coping through food delivery while feeling useless.

This year, I got accepted into a school in a different city, which feels like a golden opportunity to break my cycle of sadness. Today was my first day, and I’ve moved into a small apartment in a popular but expensive neighborhood. The place is far from ideal, with many things needing repair, and I’m still figuring out basic things like showering without touching anything around me. Despite missing my old life, family, and pets, I’m telling myself this is necessary for change. The good part is that the apartment is close to school. I’m reminding myself that everyone faces struggles and that things will get better with time.

Good luck. I had a tough start in college too, dropped out, went to community college for my AA, took a break, and now I’m back in school and thriving. Stay organized, attend your classes, and use tools like a class chart to help manage your time. You’ve got this, and having your own place is great.

Sure thing, with time you will make friends and get used to the sorrounding

Yes, this is what I also did. Creating many friends is the best way to learn about a new area

You might find it difficult to adapt to the new place if you’ve spent most of your life indoors

If other people are living there with no issue then you will most certainly adjust with time