Seeking a New Messaging App - Any Good Telegram Alternatives?

A while back, I switched to Telegram because of its user-friendly interface and cool features. It was great for staying in touch with my family and coordinating with my friends. Recently, though, I’ve noticed some performance hiccups, and I’m starting to wonder if there’s something even better out there. I’d love to hear your suggestions for a good Telegram alternative.

3 Likes

Are you looking for an app that accesses Telegram servers, or a completely different messaging application? For accessing Telegram servers, consider MDgram or Nekogram. For alternative messaging apps, consider Signal, WhatsApp, or Viber.

2 Likes

For those seeking alternatives to WhatsApp and Telegram that emphasize privacy and security, Signal, Threema, and Wire are excellent choices. These messaging apps focus on end-to-end encryption and protecting your data. Signal is known for its strong privacy protections and open-source nature, which makes it a top pick for secure messaging. Threema and Wire also provide strong privacy features and encryption, giving users more options for secure communication.

1 Like

It won’t change unless Facebook (which owns WhatsApp) does something extreme or doesn’t update the app with new features.

Here are the facts:

• From my experience and research, Telegram is a better app than WhatsApp.
  • Some frustrated WhatsApp users who wanted new features faster have moved to Telegram.
  • However, WhatsApp has a much larger user base. Until more of your friends switch to Telegram, it might feel like there’s no one to chat with.