Preparing for the new Bloomberg terminal

Exists a news portal that is similar to the Bloomberg terminal but doesn’t cost $2k a month? Though I understand they produce their own news articles, I was hoping someone with any expertise might have identified a suitable substitute.

2 Likes

I use Reuters Eikon for financial news and data, and I have found it to be a great alternative to Bloomberg Terminal. It offers comprehensive coverage and detailed analytics, often at a lower cost. While it might not have every feature of Bloomberg, it provides robust information that’s more budget-friendly.

3 Likes

Bloomberg Terminal is a formidable financial news source, but it is also pricey. Here are some budget-friendly alternatives:

• While similar to Bloomberg, Reuters Eikon can be more expensive.
  • The Financial Times and Wall Street Journal provide affordable memberships for financial news and analysis.
  • Stay up to current on financial news using Google News and Apple News, which are both free.
  • For more cheap news, look for industry-specific websites or periodicals.
2 Likes

Look at www.openbb.co, an open source Bloomberg and Xenith from metastock, an EIKON for $99 a month.

Besides offering extensive company, industry, government, and news coverage, the Bloomberg terminal essentially acts as the exchange for trading bonds. Unlike stocks, bonds are more customized, making transactions more complex than simply buying a set quantity of a fungible stock. Bonds have various issue dates, coupon rates, and different levels of seniority in case of default. Your success in trading bonds may depend on finding a counterparty with the specific type of bond you’re interested in, and most of these counterparties are on Bloomberg. The platform’s vast network effects make it essential for users to stay on it.