Options for blazers that fit a small, pear-shaped frame?

I have to seem professional for the interview, but I really hate blazers. I’ve owned a lot of beautiful ones from J. Crew and some more affordable, fashion-forward ones from thrift stores and H&M, but I’ve never felt comfortable wearing one.

I believe that’s my figure. I am 5 feet 2 inches tall, with a pear-shaped body, delicate arms, sloping shoulders, and my lower half bears the majority of my weight. Although I love wearing button-down shirts, I think blazers are too rigid and masculine for my shape. Shoulder pads are something I detest!

Any suggestions for substitutes? particularly those that may already be in stores?

5 Likes

Jardigan or knit blazer.

5 Likes

A structured sweater or cardigan, sometimes referred to as a knit blazer, is a favorite of mine. They’re incredibly comfortable yet maintain a polished and professional appearance.

4 Likes

How about a blazer with a more relaxed, open-layered look rather than a structured one? I have one from Banana that I pair with dresses and slacks since structured blazers don’t suit me well. The lapels drape instead of being rigid, and I can tie them for a more structured appearance if needed.

A petite friend suggested I try a boyfriend blazer too. I never did, but I wonder if that might work as well.

3 Likes

A business professional dress serves as an alternative.

2 Likes