Need a Nexgard Alternative

Hey everyone, I’ve been using Nexgard for my pup, Max, for a while now and it’s been okay, but I’m starting to wonder if there are better options out there. I’ve noticed he seems a bit less energetic after taking it. Has anyone else experienced this? Any recommendations for a good Nexgard alternative that’s gentle on their tummy and still keeps those pesky ticks and fleas away?

You might want to try Simparica Trio or Bravecto as alternatives. Both are effective against ticks and fleas, and some dogs tolerate them better.

It’s good that you’re monitoring Max’s energy levels after starting Nexgard, as some dogs may experience side effects from medications.

Potential Alternatives:

• Bravecto: Provides up to 12 weeks of protection and is generally well-tolerated.
  • Simparica Trio: Combines protection against fleas, ticks, and heartworms in a single chewable.
  • Seresto Collar: Offers continuous protection for up to eight months with a topical application.

Important Considerations:

• Consult Your Vet: Always check with your veterinarian before switching products to ensure it’s suitable for Max’s health.
  • Monitor for Side Effects: Keep an eye on any changes in Max’s behavior or health after starting a new product.
  • Preventive Measures: Complement medication with regular grooming and yard treatments for added flea and tick prevention.

Apply a blend of salt and baking soda on the carpet. Go in with a brush. By dehydrating them, this will safely destroy any flea eggs, larvae, and strands in the carpeting. Thus, the generation that is waiting to harm your pets will perish. After roughly a day, remove and vacuum. After 7 to 10 days, repeat.

During that week, use Capstar/Nitenpyram roughly every two to three days. In 30 minutes, fleas are killed by this. However, avoid using the Capstar in conjunction with any other flea treatments. If you take flea medication on a monthly basis, you will need to wait 30 days after your last dose or contact the manufacturer.

Right now, my dog is on Nexgard. She hasn’t stopped from the beginning. I had complained about Frontline not working, so other dog owners suggested it to me. My dog has not reacted negatively to it. All flea treatments, no matter what kind, contain chemicals.