Natural Alternatives to Metformin

Hello guys!

I have been on metformin for the past six months or so. I have changed my eating habits and lost weight thanks to it. I want to know whether there is a natural way to treat PCOS/pre-diabetes other than taking medication.

After buying sea moss, my fiancé told me that it is essentially a superfood.

Regarding PCOS, has anyone tried sea moss?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve tried Sea Moss. I initially used it to boost my immune system, but once I started, I found it difficult to stop because it helped protect my body from contracting salmonella.

2 Likes

The best alternative is Berberine.
Because it is derived from various plants, berberine has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and liver-boosting properties. It can help stabilize blood sugar levels

Yeah, I know that sea moss affects hormone balance. Back then in uni, my roommate would drink water with sea moss.
To cut the long story, sea moss helps manage estrogen levels, which is crucial for menstrual cycle regulation and reproductive function.

There’s no magic bullet cure for PCOS or prediabetes, but natural approaches can help alongside medication. Focus on healthy eating, exercise, and managing stress. While sea moss is trendy, there’s no scientific evidence for treating PCOS. Talk to your doctor about natural options that might work for you. They can advise you best