Looking for Games Similar to Code Vein?

I recently played Code Vein and absolutely loved it. The unique blend of anime aesthetics, challenging combat, and deep character customization really drew me in. Before that, I was a big fan of the Dark Souls series, which I know Code Vein takes some inspiration from. I’m now on the lookout for other games that offer a similar experience. Any recommendations for games with a similar style, difficulty, or vibe? I’d love to hear your suggestions

1 Like

Games Similar to Code Vein: A Blend of Action, RPG Elements, and Anime Aesthetics

Anime-Inspired Action RPGs

• God Eater: This series shares post-apocalyptic themes and intense combat. It stands out with its focus on weapon customization and team-based gameplay.
  • Scarlet Nexus: An anime-styled action RPG centered around unique psychic abilities. The combat is fast-paced and visually striking.

Souls-like Experiences

• Dark Souls Series: The originator of the genre, known for challenging combat, a dark atmosphere, and deep lore.
  • Bloodborne: A gothic horror-themed action RPG with fast-paced combat and a unique Lovecraftian setting.
  • Elden Ring: The latest from FromSoftware, combining an open-world experience with the signature Soulsborne challenge.
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: Focuses on stealth and parry mechanics, offering a different take on the Souls formula while maintaining high difficulty.

Other Notable Mentions

• Remnant: From the Ashes: A third-person shooter with RPG elements, featuring dynamic environments and challenging boss fights.
  • Nioh: A dark fantasy action RPG inspired by Japanese mythology, emphasizing weapon mastery and deep combat mechanics.

These games offer a mix of anime aesthetics, challenging combat, and immersive worlds, capturing some of the essence of Code Vein.

Looks like it resembles Final Fantasy XV. If you’re into Code Vein, you will also love Final Fantasy XV

Nier Replicant is hitting PS4 soon. I haven’t played it yet, but it’s Nier, so I’m in! Loved Automata, so I’ll definitely give it a try.

Final Fantasy XV also fits that vibe well if you haven’t played it yet. I thought it was pretty solid. The XIII trilogy might be worth a shot too, the storyline in Lightning Returns always gets me emotional.

And like another commenter mentioned, the Kingdom Hearts series is full of melodrama.