Looking for Alternative Medicine for Depression

Hey everyone,

I’ve been dealing with depression for a while now and have tried a few traditional medications with mixed results. I remember a friend once mentioned using herbal supplements that helped them a lot. Has anyone here explored alternative medicine for depression? What worked for you? I’m open to trying something new and would love to hear your experiences and advice.

1 Like

I would not say I use medicine for my depression.
But I have tried Benson’s relaxation technique.
At first, I was skeptical about the technique but it has worked for me so far so good.

No known method exists for this technique, but the key point is to stay engaged in anything that breaks the train of everyday thought which evokes this physiological state of depression

So I’ve been participating in repetitive sports such as swimming, and I also practice yoga sometimes. When I also feel a bit depressed I try as much to do deep cleaning in the house

2 Likes

When medication alone wasn’t enough, I always found that exercise and simply going outside helped. I’m hoping you discover some assistance. For me, cannabis can be beneficial, but excessive use can sometimes make things worse. Excessive use can cause me to become more aloof, but moderation has helped me resolve a few problems.

1 Like

To be honest I want to tell you I have been going through the same situation. St. John’s Wort might be a good alternative but @Jackson_smith have you tried Music therapy or Yoga?