Looking for Alternative Internet Search Engines

Hello folks…

I’m getting a bit tired of using the same old search engines and am curious about alternatives. I’ve heard of a few like DuckDuckGo and Bing, but I’d love to know if there are any other search engines out there that you find useful or interesting.

What do you like about these alternatives? Are there any unique features or benefits that stand out?

Thanks for your recommendations :wink:

3 Likes

Presearch is what I use. It’s decentralized and features an attractive user interface UI that lets you choose several search engines so you can quickly examine a different search engine (or website) with the same query.

2 Likes

Here are my recommendations for the best options to explore:

• Brave Search: Known for its strong privacy features, Brave Search does not track your searches or clicks. It also offers an AI-powered summarizer and customizable search results through its “Goggles” feature.
  • Ecosia: If you are environmentally conscious, Ecosia uses its ad revenue to plant trees. It is a great way to contribute to the environment while you search.
  • Startpage: This search engine provides Google search results but without the tracking. It is a good option if you like Google’s results but want more privacy.
1 Like

In addition to these, you can also explore:

• Wolfram Alpha: While not a traditional search engine, Wolfram Alpha is a computational knowledge engine that excels at providing answers to factual queries, especially in scientific and academic domains.
  • MetaGer: An open-source metasearch engine that combines results from multiple search engines while protecting your privacy.