Is there a better medication for ADHD than Adderall?

Has anyone discovered an ADHD medication that provides better results than Adderall? I am interested in exploring alternative treatments and would appreciate hearing about your experiences or any recommendations.

Vyvanse is one alternative that many find effective and may have fewer side effects. Concerta and Strattera are also options—Strattera is non-stimulant, which some prefer

Looking for treatment options for adult ADHD? Research shows both Vyvanse and Adderall can significantly improve symptoms. One analysis even suggests Vyvanse might have a slight edge!

Methylphenidate includes Ritalin and the smoother, dextro-only version called Focalin. In the amphetamine family, there’s Adderall (75% dextro and 25% levo isomer) and Dexedrine (entirely dextro isomer), which offers a smoother focus. Vyvanse is a pro-drug for dextro-amphetamine, maintaining steady blood levels and lasting longer without increasing the effect. Adderall XR is smoother than regular Adderall and lasts 12 hours.

I’m currently on Mydayis, similar to Adderall XXR, lasting a full 16 hours. Despite my twenty years of stimulant tolerance, 50mg works well for me. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Try jewel osco, they always have my script cause no one goes there

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! It’s really helpful to understand the different options and how they compare. I’m particularly interested in the extended-release formulations like Vyvanse and Mydayis, given their long-lasting effects. Your personal experience with Mydayis is especially valuable—it’s great to hear that it works well for you even with a long history of stimulant use. I’ll definitely keep these options in mind when discussing my treatment plan with my doctor.