Is living close to nature as wonderful as I imagine, or are there trade-offs and a honeymoon phase to consider?

I feel so much more relaxed and in tune with myself in forested areas, which makes me question city living. Am I onto something with the idea of living near nature, or could the isolation and boredom outweigh the benefits?

The distance was my main struggle. I disliked being so reliant on a car, and with family and friends being far away, I rarely saw them.

This is what I’m dealing with right now. I live in a nature-rich area with trails right outside my door, and I love it, but I miss my family. I’ll likely move to a more urban area to be closer to them and hopefully meet a partner too

I lived in a small town in central Utah with a population of 124, and it was amazing to see the stars at night. However, the downside was the isolation, I had to put in a lot of effort to find human interaction, including driving 30 minutes and being less selective about the company I kept.

I live in the city, but my backyard borders a forest with walking trails and a small creek, so I get the best of both worlds. However, the mosquito population is about ten times worse than it was in my previous backyard.

I feel the same; I really enjoy it. I take my time strolling around, and I love meal prepping and hunting for good deals.