Is Bluesky better than Twitter?

Hey peopele, for almost a decade, Twitter was my favorite social media platform. That changed when Elmo revealed himself as the iceberg on a ship that was already sinking.

So, how effective is Bluesky as a Twitter alternative? Does anyone have an extra code? The waiting list doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses, and the choice between them would depend on what factors matter most to you as a user, Bluesky has a decentralized nature could potentially offer better privacy and data control options compared to Twitter, where concerns over data privacy have been raised in the past. Twitter has an established platform with a wide range of features tweets, retweets, likes and a large user base. Bluesky, being a protocol, would rely on developers to create various interfaces and features, which may vary in quality and user experience.

3 Likes

Yes, in a lot of ways. Bluesky does not yet have direct messages (DMs) or more advanced features like adding names to lists. Twitter also does not use a decentralized system like AT or ActivityPub. Bluesky began as a project that Jack Dorsey put together in 2019 while he was CEO of Twitter.

1 Like

Maybe segment based on expertise in the field? I know many scientists and science communicators prefer to post on BlueSky or Mastodon instead of Twitter to avoid harassment. While their employers might still use Twitter, they have moved away from it. It’s frankly disappointing to see federal agencies maintaining active accounts on Twitter instead of just mothballing them.

1 Like

I think twitter is still great as they constantly make improvements

1 Like

At present, there is nothing available if you are looking for a one-on-one experience. Though the developers are working diligently to prepare the network for federation, I believe BlueSky to be the closest. The official app has been updated regularly, although it is developing at a leisurely pace. Videos, DMs, gifs, and other content will eventually appear, but not anytime soon.

You will benefit more from it if you are more active and register for bespoke feeds that match your interests if you want the greatest experience.

1 Like

Bluesky is a decentralized social media protocol being developed, aiming to address issues like moderation and content control. Its success compared to Twitter remains to be seen.

A bottle of Techron, which costs a few dollars, works great for a standard cleaning. That covers the most of the cleaning.

It will cost you several hundred dollars to remove the gasoline tank, clean it out, flush the lines, clean the injectors, and replace the filter.

I experienced issues with my 1988 BMW’s injectors a few years ago. Knowing that getting them cleaned would certainly cost at least $100, I considered taking it to have them done. I next looked on the internet. A set of six refurbished injectors was $550 from the BMW parts suppliers. I kept searching and eventually located the stores that sell and rebuild them. I purchased a set for $69, and it took