How early do you arrive at the airport before your flight?

I was chatting with a friend about flying and mentioned that, unless the airport has a lounge, I usually prefer to clear security 30-45 minutes before boarding starts (depending on the airport). If there’s a lounge available, I’m comfortable arriving an hour and a half before boarding. It seems some people adhere to the ‘airport dad’ meme regardless of who they’re flying with.

EDIT - To clarify, the 30-45 minutes applies to domestic airports I know well (mainly to grab a coffee, as most of my flights are early morning). I allow a bit more time at larger airports, especially those requiring trains between terminals. For international airports known for being chaotic, like Heathrow or Charles de Gaulle, I’ve allowed up to 2 hours.

I always arrive at the airport early because it helps reduce my anxiety and stress. I prefer having extra time to relax and wait rather than feeling rushed.

I enjoy arriving early at airports and people-watching. Despite the high prices for food and the extra time spent getting up early, going through security 90 minutes ahead of time and having a meal in the terminal is part of my travel routine. Plus, I really like my local airport, which makes the experience even better.

I prefer to get through customs and check in well ahead of time. It allows me to unwind in the lounge for an hour and de-stress. Since I travel internationally frequently, I like to avoid rushing.

It depends on the situation. If I’m in a familiar city or at home, I tend to leave for the airport later. However, if I’m in an unfamiliar location, I prefer to leave earlier to account for any uncertainties.

I live in Australia, and generally, I arrive 1 hour early or even less if it’s early morning or late at night, for domestic flights within Australia . For international flights within Australia, I usually get there 2 hours in advance. When travelling internationally from overseas, I prefer to arrive 3 hours before the flight.