How can I move past my regret?

When I was younger, I was accepted into a prestigious accelerated pharmacy program. Realizing I’d be facing a $100k loan upon graduation scared me, so I dropped out. Now, in my fourth year of college, I regret that decision because I’ve learned that large loans are common and manageable, and there are forgiveness plans available. I’m currently in a different program and will graduate with a $25k loan, but the career pay is lower. I’m unsure if I’ll succeed in this new field as much as I might have in pharmacy. I understand why my younger self made that choice, given my financial situation at the time. However, I’m struggling with regret now, especially as I’ll need a higher income to support my family in the future.

You made the best decision you could with the information you had at the time. The things you value about your new path wouldn’t have been possible if you hadn’t changed course. By switching majors when you did, you spared yourself years of financial stress.

Pharmacy is tough, you did yourself a huge favor by avoiding it. If you want reassurance, check out the pharmacy forums. You really dodged a bullet.

It used to be a great career, but these days, it doesn’t seem to be as good as it was

I’ve made costly mistakes and some great choices, but dwelling on regrets doesn’t help. Think of your past as books you’ve written, what’s done is done. It’s time to put those books away and stop revisiting stories that upset you.