How can I find out if a specific street in LA has alternate side parking regulations?

Hi everyone, I just moved to LA and noticed that street parking regulations seem to vary by neighborhood. I live on Main Street, and I’m unsure if it has alternate side parking rules. With street cleaning schedules and possible fines, I want to avoid any issues. How can I find out if Main Street has alternate side parking regulations? Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

To find out if a specific street in LA has alternate side parking rules, check for street signs showing a crossed-out “P” with a broom. These signs indicate when parking is restricted for street cleaning. You can also visit the city’s website or use tools like SweepLA for street cleaning schedules.

1 Like

Here are a few steps you can take to find out if Main Street has alternate side parking regulations:

1. Check street signs: Look for signs posted along Main Street. These signs will indicate if there are alternate side parking rules, including the days and times when parking is restricted for street cleaning.
  2. LA Department of Transportation (LADOT) Website: Visit the LADOT website for information on parking regulations. They often have maps and tools to help you understand parking rules in different neighborhoods.
  3. Contact LADOT: You can call LADOT at (213) 972-8470 to ask about specific parking regulations on Main Street.
  4. LA Parking Enforcement: You can also contact LA Parking Enforcement for detailed information. They can guide parking rules and any recent changes.
  5. Local Community Resources: Sometimes local community boards or neighborhood associations have information on parking regulations. Checking with them can be helpful.