Honda Accord Alternator Replacement and Dashboard Lights

All the lights on my dashboard lit up, so I had my battery tested. They said my alternator needed replacing, so I got a new one and swapped it out.

Now, the dashboard lights still come on, but not all the time. They light up for a few seconds and then go off. After driving for a while, they almost stop coming on, but they still pop up occasionally.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Could the belt be too tight or too loose?

3 Likes

From where did you obtain the alternator? Take the one you got back and buy it from the dealer if it’s not a Honda. All I have observed are issues with alternators purchased from auto parts stores.

2 Likes

If you’re not comfortable checking the belt yourself, it might be best to consult a mechanic to diagnose the flickering lights further. They can measure voltage output and pinpoint the exact source of the problem.

If you swapped the alternator and the problem still persists, the issue could be with the belt then. Still, it could be that you were sold a bad alternator.
Have a professional check it out, please.