Free Alternatives to ElevenLabs?

Wasup folks, I’ve been using ElevenLabs for text-to-speech and voice synthesis, but I’m looking for some free alternatives to explore. I need something that offers good quality and a variety of voices for different projects.

Does anyone know of any free alternatives to ElevenLabs that are worth checking out? I’d love to hear about any tools or platforms you’ve used and their features.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations :blush:

Check out Google Text-to-Speech, Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services, or IBM Watson Text to Speech. They offer good quality and variety in voices for free or with limited free tiers.

1 Like

Murf.ai is good and worth trying, but it is also more expensive. Although I believe ElevenLabs is superior.

One feature I enjoy about Murf is that it allows you to obtain transcripts for your audio (SRT and VTT files) and utilize them for video upload without having to manually alter captions. I don’t believe ElevenLabs has this.

1 Like

I’ve used ElevenLabs for text-to-speech in my projects and found it impressive, but if you’re looking for free alternatives, you might want to try tools like Google Text-to-Speech, which offers a variety of voices and is quite reliable. Another good option is Microsoft Azure’s Speech service, which has a free tier with decent quality and a range of voices. I also found that IBM Watson’s Text-to-Speech service provides good options on their free plan. These tools can give you a solid start without the commitment of paid services.

1 Like

Have you tried speechify. It’s great for word to speech

Check out Tortoise-tts-fast for a faster version of the original. It’s known for better speeds, as processing text to speech can be pretty slow (hence the name :joy:).

1 Like

there is none, as it’s economically impossible to maintain such service

you’ll either have to pay or setup it on your own