Fan of The big lebowski

Hey everyone, I’ve been thinking about The Dude from The Big Lebowski, and I can’t quite pinpoint why I find him so likable and charismatic. There’s something about him that makes me want to live his life and be more like him. But what exactly are the traits that make him so appealing?

We all know why we love Walter, but what is it about The Dude that draws us in?

It’s interesting how this film feels like the opposite of Burn After Reading, where the Coen brothers used their genius to turn leading actors like Brad Pitt and George Clooney into ridiculous, laughable characters!

Jeff Bridges completely maxed out charisma

The Dude isn’t necessarily a great person; rather, he simply isn’t doing anything wrong. We cheer for him because his desires are straightforward—he just wants to enjoy each day without being bothered by villains or dragged into foolish schemes by his clueless friend.

The Dude is also a man of principle. He isn’t afraid to correct his friends, whom he values greatly, if they go against his values. That’s part of what makes him so endearing to me.

All The Dude ever wanted was to get his rug back.

For me, Walter is actually a much more controversial character than The Dude. While The Dude doesn’t really do anything wrong, Walter engages in several questionable actions—like pulling a gun at the bowling alley, plotting to steal ransom money, being rude to a teenager and a waitress, and damaging someone’s car. Despite these actions, we still find him likable, thanks to John Goodman’s incredible charisma.