Facebook marketplace alternative

Hello guys I am looking for a different place to sell stuff besides Facebook Marketplace. I used to sell there but I don’t like Facebook anymore. Any suggestions for other places to sell locally? Tried Craigslist before but it did not work out. Any good options?

3 Likes

I have a Facebook account solely for Marketplace, so it’s like I have a Facebook Marketplace account. If you don’t have an account because you dislike Facebook, you can still open one, stay unlisted, add no friends, join nothing, and still access Marketplace.

3 Likes

Classifieds sites’ popularity varies widely from city to city, but from what I’ve seen, Facebook Marketplace (FBM) is the most popular everywhere.

I understand not wanting to be on Facebook due to the drama. Consider creating another account and going through the steps to get Marketplace access, or you could unfriend and mute people on your current account and sell from there. If I were you, I’d do it gradually to avoid triggering any automated systems.

Also, I’d avoid using their shipping options. If someone wants to ship something, handle it offsite and use PayPal for payment. There are too many scam opportunities within their ecosystem right now.

2 Likes

I’ve found that a lot of folks have similar complaints. The marketplace has altered such that listing promotion is now paid for. I believe the listing simply gets hidden if you don’t. I’ve also seen a lot of posts mentioning the discontinuation of Mercari and Poshmark. It’s the economics, I believe. This past weekend, I read that a lot of folks are having a hard time because everything is getting more expensive and the child care credit money has ceased.

1 Like

It’s a broken economy. Money is not being spent on “stuff.” In the last five years, the government has pumped $4 trillion into the economy, leaving everyone with surplus funds. Nowadays, the cost of food and gas has increased two or three times, and people’s disposable income has decreased. That is all.

Secure a stall at the Raleigh flea market for an affordable rate of $30 for the entire day.