Coffee Alternative

I’ve been an avid coffee drinker for years, but lately, I’ve been trying to cut down on my caffeine intake. While I love the taste and the energy boost coffee gives me, I’ve noticed it’s starting to make me feel jittery and anxious. So, I’m on the hunt for a good coffee alternative that can still help me wake up and feel energized in the mornings.

I’ve heard of things like matcha, herbal teas, and even some mushroom-based drinks, but I’m not sure where to start. Ideally, I’m looking for something that’s easy to prepare and has a nice flavor. If anyone has tried any of these or has other suggestions, I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Any tips or personal favorites would be greatly appreciated! :blush:

I really appreciate a blend of turmeric, ginger, and other spices with milk (or a milk alternative). It’s soothing and offers anti-inflammatory benefits. Even though it doesn’t contain caffeine, I find it to be a nice, warming alternative to coffee.

Have you attempted to gradually move to decaf? Then switching to herbal teas can be a smart substitute—there are tons of choices! Sometimes a cup of chicken broth will satisfy my want for something warm without making me want to drink more coffee.

1 Like

Matcha: This green tea powder has a nice flavor and a gentler energy boost thanks to L-theanine.
Herbal teas: Peppermint or ginger tea can be refreshing in the morning and have some natural pick-me-up qualities.