Bloomberg of the poor man?

Exist any reliable free or inexpensive services that one may use to obtain current firm financials without having to manually extract data from reports? Not just past price data, but also ratios like price/earnings, ev/ebitda, dividend yield, etc., are included. Although Bloomberg does have the information, an annual subscription costs upwards of $20K.

3 Likes

This is a free, open-source terminal that functions well, despite some installation issues.

Terminal Products at https://openbb.com

4 Likes

It appears to run exclusively in the terminal, based on my brief review of it. If yes, what benefit does it offer over viewing the data with Yahoo Finance alone?

Is it possible for me to obtain the JSON data through an API?

3 Likes

That term “Bloomberg of the poor man” probably refers to a less expensive or more widely available version of Bloomberg’s financial news and data services. Although it might be pricey and is mostly aimed at professional investors and institutions, Bloomberg is well known for its extensive financial news coverage, data analytics, and terminal services. One way to think of a “poor man’s Bloomberg” would be a platform or service that offers comparable financial news, market data, and analytical tools to smaller enterprises or individual investors at a reduced cost or for free.

3 Likes

I absolutely adore it because it gathers all the things I need in one location and offers a tonne of general knowledge!

2 Likes

The Bloomberg of the poor man is a term used to describe websites or services that offer financial news, information, and analysis for a lot less money than Bloomberg’s premium offerings. Through its Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg provides real-time data, news, and analytics. The company is well-known for its extensive and pricey financial information offering.

1 Like

Reneey, that elucidation of the term “Bloomberg of the poor man” is excellent. You’re right; professional investors and institutions are the main target audience for Bloomberg’s extensive financial news, data analytics, and terminal services, which can be highly costly.

Yes, there would be a more accessible or less expensive “poor man’s Bloomberg” that provides comparable financial news and market data. More affordable options could be found on websites like Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, or even on subscription services like Seeking Alpha or Morningstar.

Do you personally know of any easily available financial news sources or data sources that have been beneficial to individual investors? Those searching for affordable resources may find your insights to be beneficial.

1 Like