Are there any other options besides Adderall that can help with focus and attention?

I have ADD and take Adderall, but I don’t like the side effects. I’m looking for something else that can help me focus and remember things, but without the stimulant effects of Adderall. I’ve heard about supplements like DMAE, Alpha GPC, Lion’s Mane, and Brain Booster supplements on Amazon, but I’m not sure if they actually work. I don’t want to waste money trying them all out if they’re not going to help.

5 Likes

If you use different drugs inconsistently to manage borderline ADD, your symptoms may not be adequately treated. To be effective, ADD drugs must be used on a regular basis.
Switching between them without a doctor’s supervision can be dangerous owing to side effects and health problems. It is critical to collaborate closely with a healthcare practitioner to determine the appropriate drug and dosage.

To increase focus, borderline ADD patients should establish a routine with clear goals, use tools such as planners, and limit distractions. Mindfulness, exercise, appropriate sleep and professional help are all helpful for symptom management.

Educating oneself about ADD and developing a supporting network can also aid in achieving stability. Regular check-ups with your healthcare practitioner are vital for tracking progress and adjusting treatment for optimal long-term results.

3 Likes

For non-stimulant alternatives to Adderall, there are FDA-approved options such as Strattera (atomoxetine) and Qelbree (viloxazine) which are considered effective for both adults and children with ADD.

DMAE, Alpha GPC, Lion’s Mane, and Brain Booster are also good supplements and hence don’t be afraid to purchase any of them.

1 Like

DMAE is one of my favourite noots along with Piracetam, Aniracetam and Memantine