Are there any alternatives to PowerBi that allow me to publish a dashboard online and protect it with a password, considering my IT department's security concerns?

Hi everyone on PROMBES, I’m exploring alternatives to PowerBi. My challenge is needing to publicly share a dashboard for specific individuals outside my organization, with password protection, a feature not supported by PowerBi due to security concerns raised by our IT department. Could you recommend an alternative platform that allows me to achieve this?

Cost isn’t a barrier.

Thanks for your assistance in adavnce.

1 Like

We utilize reports published in a premium workspace and employ row-level security to deliver consolidated reports to vendors through a unified dashboard. We include them as guest users in our Azure tenant and limit their access to the report.

Having faced similar issues with sharing dashboards securely, I can recommend exploring alternatives like Tableau or Looker. Both platforms offer robust options for publicly sharing dashboards with password protection and other security measures. Tableau, for instance, allows for extensive customization and secure sharing, including password-protected links for specific users. Looker also provides secure sharing options and integrates well with various data sources. Given that cost isn’t a concern, both should meet your needs effectively while addressing the security concerns your IT department has with PowerBi.