Are all Quest Diagnostics clinics super creepy?

I’m not sure if it’s just the one near me, but no one works the front desk, and hardly any patients come,they seem just as lost as I am. The only way to check in is through a digital kiosk, and the TV keeps playing ads for the clinic you’re already in. It’s got this dystopian vibe, haha. The staff is nice, but until they open the door and call someone’s name, I half expect Pyramid Head to charge out at me or something!

Yes, the ones I’ve been to have a pretty creepy vibe. The combination of high-tech check-in kiosks with the old, worn office carpet always makes me chuckle.

I’m okay with it. I check in on the app, wait in the car until I get a text saying to come in, wait a few minutes, get poked, and then leave. It seems pretty efficient.

Years ago, there was a receptionist to check you in, handle paperwork, and update you on what was happening. They didn’t spend much on decor, but it was somewhat nicer than now. Quest has reduced staff by replacing human receptionists with kiosks, welcome to the future.

Ours is good. I appreciate the quick check-in.

All the ones I’ve visited are creepy and their portals won’t let me log in, so I just avoid them now. I pay $50 to go to an out-of-network facility because it’s not creepy and their portal actually works.