Alternatives to TrueCar for Car Shopping?

I’ve been using TrueCar for a while to get pricing and reviews for cars, and it’s been pretty helpful. However, I’m curious if there are other websites out there that offer similar services. I’m looking for platforms that provide detailed pricing, dealer information, and user reviews.

Has anyone come across other sites that are worth checking out?

1 Like

You might also want to check out Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book. They both offer detailed pricing, dealer info, and user reviews. Personally, I’ve used Edmunds to get an honest sense of car values and dealer ratings, and it’s been spot-on. I can guarantee they’re worth a look

1 Like

If you are a member of Costco, you should consider Costco auto buying. You can select a car and send your neighborhood dealership a request for it. You will receive a quote up front, and Costco like getting in touch with customers to ensure they had a good dealer experience.

One piece of advice using Costco is to specify the dealership’s zip code when submitting the request so that it goes to them (assuming they are a participating dealer) rather than just the closest one to your house if you don’t like your closest dealer or you hear another one in town has a better reputation

1 Like

You can explore any of the following sites:

• Edmunds: Known for its in-depth car reviews and pricing tools, Edmunds helps you find the best deals and provides detailed information on various car models.
  • CarGurus: This platform offers a unique feature that shows how a car’s price compares to other listings, helping you determine if you’re getting a good deal.
  • Carfax: While primarily known for vehicle history reports, Carfax also provides listings for used cars with detailed information about their history.