Alternatives for Hydrochlorothiazide

Hello fam! Have you ever switched medications to manage hypertension or another condition? What was your experience like, and did you find an alternative that worked better for you?

Share your experience :point_down:

1 Like

It is OK for you to think about Chlorthalidone or Indapamide as alternatives if you are contemplating them because of side effects or other factors.

I was on Lisinopril/HCTZ but my doc stopped it after I lost 30 lbs. I stopped it myself when my BP got too low, but didn’t have any other problems. Sema was awesome for me when I was still using it.

Hey,
Selecting an alternative medication depends on factors like the condition being treated, how you respond to medications, and other health conditions or medications. Consult a healthcare provider to find the best alternative to hydrochlorothiazide for your needs.

There are other meds like hydrochlorothiazide, like chlorthalidone. I used it too. Not sure how closely it’s related or if it causes similar side effects. It’s used for hypercalciuria, acts like hydrochlorothiazide by boosting potassium excretion, needing potassium supplements. Lasts longer, gives a steadier diuretic effect, and seems better for stones in studies.