Alternatives for Blazer?

I haven’t purchased business wear since before the kid was born in 2018, and I have a four-day conference in August. My body (short, big breasts) doesn’t look good in blazers, in my opinion. Is there anyone who can suggest some affordable substitutes?

I actually relatively recently went to a conference and I brought a lightweight tropical wool blazer and didn’t wear it once. First, I was in and out of the building a couple times–coffee breaks, walk to lunch, etc. In August almost anywhere in the US it’s going to be downright hot. So a blazer will be miserable.

Also, most people at the conference were casual. So I’d go for a structured cardigan, a shacket, maybe a dark-rinse denim jacket? But honestly a lightweight button front shirt or popover and khakis or chinos + comfortable yet polished walking shoes should really do just fine unless you’re in the most conservative of industries.

1 Like

Despite the fact that most people prefer blazers for conferences, cardigans, dressy tops and professional dresses can be perfect substitutes especially with your body type.

1 Like

You should definitely explore professional dresses,choosing one that you feel is most comfortable with your body type.

1 Like

Try lady jackets. These jackets showcases your feminine side while still being a dedicated professional woman.

1 Like

Hey, have you thought about checking out J Crew Factory for a lady’s jacket? They’ve got some good ones that don’t cost too much. The material is pretty solid and thick too. Worth a look!

1 Like