A study finds that the weight loss medication liraglutide shows potential benefits for younger children with obesity

This situation is disheartening. While there might be rare cases where a child needs such medication, it’s troubling if it becomes widespread. The food marketed to children is often nutritionally deficient and designed for mindless consumption.

I understand that some parents rely on these options due to budget constraints and busy schedules, but it’s unfortunate that society is facing a cycle where children are fed unhealthy food and then need medication to manage the consequences.

Cut back on sugar consumption.

Oh, great. I can’t imagine how this could possibly go wrong. Who needs to promote healthier lifestyles for developing children when we can just give them a shot to help them lose weight?

This is fantastic for that tiny fraction of kids who might genuinely need it, but could have unforeseeable negative effects on the rest.

My kids eat healthy and have the occasional candy, but I recently checked out some supposedly healthy fruits and juices and they’re packed with sugar. A small bottle of grape juice has 50g of sugar (while Coke has 39g). One mango? 46g. The list goes on. I know fries have fiber and all, but they still need to be eaten in moderation.

Dude, don’t stress about the mango. It’s the juice you should be concerned about.