A more casual alternative to the navy blazer?

I came across this article discussing the shift towards a more casual look a long back. For example, maybe wearing a Shetland sweater without a button down underneath might be more appropriate these days.

Although I’ve always thought of the navy blazer as a classic style, it feels increasingly out of place in a lot of places these days, including law firms, where business casual is frequently the norm for office wear.

What do you think a dressed-down version of a blue blazer would be? A jacket made of navy shirt? Harrington? cardigan with shawl collar?

Two weeks ago, I became obsessed with the notion of wearing a navy shirt jacket as a less formal version of a blue blazer. It struck the ideal combination between casual and polished, blending smoothly into modern business casual settings. The shirt jacket has a smart appearance without being overly formal, making it appropriate for situations where traditional blazers would feel out of place.

Buy a good Shacket or a good unstructured jacket. When well tailored, they can provide the bridge in occasion you need.

I think it will be a Harrington jacket. It offers a relaxed yet stylish look, suitable for casual outings or informal settings.

Shawl Collar Cardigan, Safari Jacket